Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sleep School

School is in session at our house...sleep school that is. I had the idea that mommy would be the teacher and baby would be the student. It's a rookie mistake, right?


I tried for a week and a half to get Carter to sleep 10 hours at night without waking and take 2 naps during the day, lasting 1.5-2 hours each. We were both pretty miserable and exhausted during those days and nights! Plus he came down with a cold, which just made everything harder for the little guy to deal with. And lots more crying for me to deal with. It got to the point where I would feel sick to my stomach as naptime approached. Not good!


So yesterday, I just gave up. Really, I said a prayer (OK, many prayers) and gave it over to God. And wouldn't you know things have been so relaxed around our house. Carter even slept for about 11.5 hours last night without making a sound!! (I slept for almost 7 hours without waking up myself.) Now he is an hour into his first nap of the day without waking. Can you tell I am one relieved mama? I am good student and I have learned my lesson.



Here is a happy baby after a full night's sleep...

No comments: